Monday, November 16, 2009

How it all started...

One weekday afternoon, my dearest friend Sharon msned me a link to a cheesecake baking class at Creative Baking and asked if I’m interested in attending with her. I said yes and the rest was history.

What hooked me? It was piping those small lil carrots on the cream cheese frosting of the carrot cake that I baked in the class. My very first attempt at cake decorating…



After the class, I couldn’t get my mind off those little piped carrots and baking but I can't do anything without a mixer. I didn't want to get an expensive mixer as I dunno how long this passion of mine will last. So each time I went to Carrefour or walked pass any of the electrical departmental store and I would look out eager for any mixer that's on offer. Cheapo me was not willing to spend anything above $20 for a mixer. Hee! Of course I can't find any! Sweet hubby of mine came home one night and surprised me with a Philips mixer! I was so so happy, heart pain that it cost way above what I wanted to pay, but super duper happy and excited! 


What better way to thank Mark for his nice surprise then to bake for him and so I turned to him and ask what would he like me to bake for him. His answer… Chocolate Cakes! Chocolate cake it is and off I went in search of the ‘perfect’ chocolate cake recipe…my first bake! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting