Sunday, April 4, 2010

Another basic - Butter Cake

Butter cake is one of the basic cake that I feel I should try. Sounds simple but yet hubby and I feel that there's a set of requirements it should fulfill like it must smell and taste buttery enough if not why a butter cake? It must also be heavy and solid enough. At least that is Mark's requirement each time I bake a loaf cake. I've been testing and trying a few buttercake recipes that I can't remember what is the exact butter cake recipe I used for this one but I know the butter I used was not buttery smelling and tasting enough. The test... my mother in law! She just loves butter cake and this certainly didn't pass the test.



Not giving up, I continue my search for the butter cake recipe that meets our requirements. Here's another one I tried but this feels a bit too light and fluffy and still not buttery enough. I added a chocolate buttercream frosting on it and Mark brought it to his office. They thought it was nutella on it. 



In the end, I realised it was nothing to do with the recipes but it was the butter that I should have used! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting